Friday 25 February 2011

clare and the machine

 Can one ever have too much patchwork?
You may have noticed the hand sewn heavy posts of late.
No?..really?
Well the truth is I have been afraid of my new machine.
You see this new fangled all singing and dancing thing 
(janome qxl605)
is quite a different animal!
Given the choice again I probably would have stuck with an 
old skool machine.
That said I am sure the love will happen,
its just a slow burner...
...even the constant humming seems to be fading,
or maybe it's just my tinnitus getting worse!
 I am supposed to be tidying that stash..
funny how we always get side tracked!
Have you seen the impromptu wall hangings?
 They are tea-towels from one of my favourite bloggers
Some very good advice there I think.
My mini quilt/table mat/wall picture
is a little practice piece.
Ooh but wouldnt it make a lush quilt!
(love how my camera finds my late grandmothers face
with the face recognition feature  : )
Thank you for all your inspiring comments on the quilting of the quilt.
Although I like hand quilting I'm not loving the thought of actually doing it.
Plus the quilt is really very busy already,
I think simple machine quilting would be less fussy.
I'm putting it off for now!
Back to the stash I think.
Here is a recent acquisition, 
a piece of vintage material which I shall use for a 
fussy cut tutorial.
news alert*

John Lewis have Rob Ryan stuff!!!!!!!
I am seriously coveting this umbrella.
Roll on my birthday...and some rain?

10 comments:

greenrabbitdesigns said...

Well perhaps just your birthday, can we skip the rain!!!
Love all your hexagons! :)
Vivienne x

Terrie said...

Oooo I love Rob Ryan!

I used to do patchwork a lot. However I have only ever done it by hand and have never quilted. Is quilting difficult by hand? I do have a sewing machine but have never had the patience to learn how to use it (and I have broken the foot off it!)Perhaps one day!

koralee said...

What joy over here today...I love all this sweetness. I soooo want a cute wall hanging. Your little quilt is darling.

xoxoxo

Vintage Tea Time said...

I love the little quilted piece in your first pic - and the framed piece - lovely! Oooh, yes, a great umbrella! Have a good weekend. Abby x

Aunty Bee said...

I'm seriously scared of my machine bought it 3 years ago and have gone back to using my old Brother or hand quilting. I love the hexie cushion, looking at your lovely things gives me a lift, have to take Aj to work this morning don't know how we are going to get there, it will be an adventure.

Unknown said...

lol! I laughed when you said you were afraid of your new machine as I am always scared of mine! lol xx

{Love, Love, Love} said...

What a great stash of loveing fabrics to hopefully keep you busy xxx

Sal said...

Well I reckon you are progressing well with your crafting ! ;-)
I love the Rob Ryan designs...and especially that cute little vase!
Enjoy your weekend!
;-) x

potterjotter said...

Your patchwork is sooo cheery - just what we need at the mo. Am sorry, but if you get that brolly, could you just use it as a parasol as I cannot contemplate the thought of rain on top of all this greyness!!

Diane said...

Ive still got my ancient machine - the new ones look too complicated for me. xxxx