Friday 16 September 2011

playing favourites

 This post should be dedicated to favourite fabrics,
those that have been used to within an inch of their lives.
Mary from Molly Flanders and Suz from Patchworknplay
are having a party to celebrate their love of fabric.
However me being a vintage lover,
I couldn't very well come up with a fabric I've loved and lost
(not yet anyway)
So I've spun this post 
to favourite vintage finds that have yet to be cut...
...or special items that will remain just so.
Starting from the bottom.
A pair of barkcloth curtains that I wish would fit one of my windows.
An amazing handmade skirt.
A lovely feedsack from America.
A huge stash of Grandmas green floral fabric
(given to me after her death, I'd love to know what it was for,
I found a sticker on it that said 'alternative fabric',
I think it may have been for bridesmaid dresses!!)
The blue is a French overcoat I bought at a flea market,
which I modelled in one of my Brittany posts.
And the top is a lovely vintage floral, which I've used once,
but now I'm waiting for the perfect project,
as this one is a keeper.
 La overcoat.
 barkcloth curtains I cannot cut up!
 Awesome 70's skirt, that I've owned for years
but which I can't fit into,
yet can't bare to cut into it, look at the lining for heavens sake!
 It even has amazing buttons.
 These next two are my favourite scraps.
I really will miss them when they disappear.
At least I have my summer of love quilt to remember them with!
Do you have a loved and lost fabric?
Why not join the party and share your link over at 

11 comments:

Mary said...

Oh Clare! You have some lovely favorites! I am really loving that pink...vintage pink is the best...kind of like the color of pepto bismol. LOL!

Diane said...

I'll have to fish some of mine out - I have some definate favourites. xxxx

Bobo Bun said...

Blog is looking great, really like your new header.

I've got so many fabrics I can't use, but love getting out and looking at. I always save back a wee bit of favourite vintage ones I make to sell things in. Keep on loving and looking at your lovely stash.

What about adding a bit of something else to your curtains so you can use them and see all the time?

X

Angela said...

I have - somewhere in my loft - a beautiful green Laura Ashley dress from 1979- I WISH I could find it. It's in a box somewhere...such beautiful fabric!

Susan said...

Clare- your fabrics are wonderful! My current scraps pale into comparison against these beauties! Fabulous fabrics and a wonderful post! Thanks for sharing on our linky party!

verykerryberry said...

i love the skirt-every detail- those buttons! That does look like the longest narrowest waistband though!

bears footprints said...

ive just stumbled across your blog but wow how lovely. i look forward in coming back x

Cathy at PotterJotter said...

Clare - you've got a really bad case of it haven't you? Fabricaholism. Sounds like you're incurable to me.

Rachaeldaisy said...

Oh my golly, what gorgeous fabrics!! I can see why they're your favourites!!

Pomona said...

Just to let you know that you have won my Organic Holidays giveaway - perhaps you could let me know your address?

Pomona x

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Love your vintage fabrics :)