Wednesday 11 January 2012

spinning starlets

 Here are my latest efforts to add to the rose star block party
Thanks to all the starlets
for showing my little group some love!
 My inspiration came from this sweet plate.
And yes I am cutting up my favourite vintage skirt (blue)
I've had it many years and never worn it.
 I find that I prefer to mix vintage and new fabrics when using this sort of block.
Though I do love the green moda ric rac which is new.
 Here you can see I've tried different fabrics for the points.
I like the green...but I went with the orange..but I like the green too!
 I love how the plate inspired my colour palette..sublime!
 Next up I'm now using the green points..
 Some may consider paper piecing tiresome..
but when it all comes together
it's so worth it.
 I love the back with papers as much as the front!

I have something in mind for the centres of these two.
More to follow!
 For more beautiful starlets
have a look at my rose star block party
flickr group which now has 89 members!!!
ps.
It's never to late to join.
pps.
There are some wonderful techniques & tips for Epp
being shared on the flickr group.
I'm learning lots!

10 comments:

randi--i have to say said...

fantastic! these blocks are beautiful!

KC'sCourt! said...

I am definitely going to have a go at these blocks they are fantastic
Julie xxxxxx

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

I have a quick question. I have never paper pieced like this before and want to know what kind of needle do you use? Thank you. I am ready to start trying a new technique

Anonymous said...

beautiful blocks! I have chosen my fabrics, just need to cut my paper templates out.

Susan said...

Lovely soft colour palette! Pretty blocks!

Diane said...

These look fantastic Claire - I saw your results on FB and I am highly impressed. You do have a great eye for putting the colours together. Did you notice your handy work at the end of my podcast? xxxxx

Diane said...

The creme brulee is sat on your "plate" at the very end. xxxx

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I've been doing teeny tiny stitches on mine - think I need to be braver and make them bigger or it's going to take me forever! Thanks again so much for this block party it's so much fun!

Nicky said...

The blocks are great and that plate is great inspiration - must get my old china out!

Krista Schneider said...

I've been doing it only a little while but I don't find it tiresome. You can pick it up and set it down, so portable too. Heading to the Flickr group!